WHO WE ARE
APSIL Security Services International Ltd. is an exclusive security services company based in Kingston, Jamaica. With a commitment to excellence and client satisfaction. We specialize in providing premium security solutions to a diverse clientele, including high-net-worth individuals, celebrities, tourists, politicians, and c-level executives. Our services encompass a wide range of areas, including executive protection, close protection, secure transportation, risk assessment, and event security management.
What sets APSIL apart is our team of highly trained and experienced security professionals who possess extensive backgrounds in close protection and risk management. We prioritize the safety and well-being of our clients, ensuring they receive personalized and comprehensive security plans tailored to their specific needs.
As a company, we pride ourselves on our professionalism, discretion, and attention to detail. We maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and privacy, ensuring that our clients can trust us with their security needs.
If you are passionate about security, seeking an opportunity to work with a leading security services provider, and contribute to the safety of our esteemed clients, APSIL is the place for you. Join our team and be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking organization committed to excellence in security services.
Reporting to the Security Manager, the incumbent will provide specialised forms of security designed to protect clients and their assets/property from physical harm and potential threat.
The CPO (often referred to as bodyguards) is an expertly trained professional whose primary objective is to provide a physical presence to protect high-profile individuals from potential and immediate threats. As a requirement of this position the Close Protection Officer must be registered with the Private Security Regulations Authority.
-Protect assigned client, their family, and/or high value goods and assets in transit, during events or at their residence, location of deployment employing all necessary efforts to maintain their safety
-Deescalate tense situations or individuals that arise at the client’s residence and/ or event
-Using pre-emptive measures and strategies to secure client and property by ensuring venues and modes of transportation are safe for entry and exit
-Monitoring home security devices and identifying potential threats, suspicious activity or risks
– Complete suspicious activity reports, incident reports. Shift logs, pattern of Life report, medical reports, and other administrative requirements.
-Provide executive transport with drivers trained in closed protection, advanced driving, defensive driving, and anti-ambush, escape and evasion techniques
– Ability to remain calm in crisis and escalated/dangerous situations
– Excellent oral communication skills
– Good report writing skills
– Detail conscious
– Sound analytical and problem solving skills
– Knowledge of security protocols and procedures
– Team player
– Valid driver’s licence with training in defensive driving as a plus
– Exceptional innate ability to assess risk, identify suspicious activity, and respond quickly in times of danger.
– Close protection operatives must also be able to provide constant security surveillance, maintain a professional demeanor, and be knowledgeable of local laws and regulations
– In addition to providing physical protection, close protection operatives must be high on emotional intelligence and possess the skills to provide emotional support and de-escalate highly emotional situations
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
– Certification in Security, Protection and Investigation OR related disciplines OR a combination of training and experience will be considered. Associates Degree in field would be a plus
– Must be resgistered with the Private Security Regulation Authority (PSRA)
– Minimum of five (5) years experience in the field of security and protection;
– Minimum of 5 CXC subjects inclusive of Math and English at least at the grade 2 level
– Defensive Driving tactics training/ experience
– Must be willing to participate in the company pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform all essential functions. In addition to other demands, which the demand of the job includes:
– Must undergo, and Meet Company standard for background reference checks, drug testing and behavioral selection survey.
– Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, Clients, staff, and the public occasionally on the conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
– Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
– Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
– Working environments and on the conditions that require carrying authorized weapon and ammunition, The use of protective gears and devices, and/ or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
– Exposure to sensitive and confidential information
– Frequent sitting, standing and/ or walking, which may be required for a long period of time, and meanwhile climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven Terrain.
– On occasion, may be required to perform stressful and physical activity
– Domestic and/ or international travel.
– 24/7 availability to clients.